Monday, September 17, 2012

Dilemma


Dilemma
(My first submitted essay to my English teacher when I was in 2nd year high school.)

            Sometimes, we will be encountering instances in which we may find it hard to choose between our left and our right. At such cases, we would be bothered by two thoughts—that our right is full of emptiness because there, nothing is left and that our left is rich with flaws since at that side, we would find nothing right.
            There are several times when we have to choose only one among the given choices, like when having an examination or when taking a test which is multiple choices. Of course, we will always meet an item which is the most difficult and we can’t decide what we’re going to answer. Dealing with these questions is truly hard especially when we find out the correct answers. Once we correct our mistakes, we realize that we should have answered the other option.
            Well, that always happens for students like me. But in a different chapter of our life I know we have to decide what we’re going to do. Choosing the best option is not always the best way to solve a problem. We must first think of the possible outcomes and the people we’re going to affect. Our decision should not be always the best answer that suits the question but it should be for the better of everyone.
            A friend is someone who freely supports and helps out of good will. We are always comfortable with him or her because we trust him or her. A circle of friends is a group of people with different personalities bind together by their uniqueness. It always feels good to be with them. Loitering around and jamming with them are always fun.
            But what will I do if two of my friends dislike each other? I mean, they keep on telling me bad qualities about each other. They say that they are the opposite of each other. The first one is my best friend since first year. She’s a bright, noisy, funny, and nice friend. The second one is my friend too. I treat her nicely, like how I treat the first one. She says I’m her best friend though before, I didn’t feel it much. I’ll name the first one, “little girl” and the second one, “tall girl”. Sometimes, when “tall girl” says something about “little girl” I am carried out, but I guess it’s not fair because “tall girl” does things against “little girl”. After that, “little girl” will tell me what “tall girl” did to her and she will ask me if “tall girl” is my best friend too but I will say, “No”. One time I got angry with “little girl” and I was with “tall girl”. “Tall girl” told me that it’s not worth it that “little girl” is my best friend. I didn’t say anything about that. I will never forget when “little girl” cried to me and told me that “How could I afford to erase all the memories we had together?” She told me that because I was ignoring her. I got pity to her. She was right and I was wrong. I was being harsh to her. I remember some people asked me who my best friend really is. I can’t answer them. I’m confused. It’s hard to be in between two people who don’t want to be friends because if I would choose “little girl”, “tall girl” would feel sorry and if I would choose “tall girl”, “little girl” would not be alright. And if I would choose both, it’s very hard to handle things. Honestly, the two of them are my best friends now, but it’s hard to manage them because when I’m with “little girl”, “tall girl” doesn’t want to be with “little girl”. It’s vice versa, they do the same. But since “tall girl” is my classmate and “little girl” is not, I didn’t notice that I spent more time with “tall girl” even though when there were no classes. That’s why sometimes, “little girl” thinks I’m angry at her. Again, it’s vice versa. I have no idea whose fault it is. All I know is that “tall girl” is annoyed with “little girl’s” noise. I don’t know who started their fight and what their reasons are. I don’t know what I’m going to do.
            Maybe the best way that I can do is to balance my time with them. I tried to make them friends when we were first year and it worked but their friendship didn’t last long. So I guess it’s up to me again. I better try it again, to make things right. I’ll do my best that instead of building a wall between them, I’ll try to build a bridge to connect the two of them. I know it’s never too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment